Wednesday, October 26, 2011

new life...

I love to find old chairs that are in need of a make-over,
It's a passion of mine.
(I like to think that I'm giving them a second chance in life ;)
I have already quite many chairs and I have completed
redecorating some of them, while others
are waiting for the right moment to
get their new look!


this time I began making the textile
(for me that's the fun part ;)

I painted the chair with ( just) one layer
of white primer and then I sanded
it down again to give it a used look,
to get the patina I used two colors
of wax.

I't needed a new cover badly,
first It got some white linen,
which I stabled on, and then
I made some loose cover over
the linen so it will be easy
to use and wash !

a new life !!!

the chair before...

I'm already looking forward for the next chair make-over!!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

5 comments:

  1. They are totally amazing your paintings ....
    Will look forward to seeing your pillows.

    many greetings Bjørn Stiler - K&Co.
    København.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this chair looks great! It´s an art how you re-make this chairs!
    Have a nice day!
    Nicole from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Bjørn, Nicole and linnea-maria for your lovely comments....
    hope you all have a nice weekend !!

    ( Bjørn, I will send you some photos of my pillows ;)

    audur...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful chair cover! Love it! You are so very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete